The whiz-kid Jimmy Z, from our Web Analytics class, created a plugin so that you can have shopping cart features inside of WordPress. Here are the steps, but you will need to get the plugin code before you do anything else. Once you have the code, here is what you do:
- Sign up for a Merchantec account (and a Google Checkout account).
- Upload the “JZ Merc – Products” plugin into the wp-content/plugins folder
- Go to the Plugin tab and activate the “JZ Merc – Products” plugin
- Create Shopping Cart Page in Write > Pages
- Put ‘view cart’ code from Merchentec into the code of the Shopping Cart page code
- On the Merchentec site, add specific items that you want to sell
- Create button code in Merchentec – using the URL from the Shopping Cart page.
- Go to Manage and click on the “JZ Merc – Products” plugin – add the ‘add to cart’ code
- Take the new code – put it in either a page or post.