Here is the CNN iReport from Thanksgiving, that I’d like for you to watch and share: 10 Days to Touch 10 Million movement, suicide prevention, inspirational viral film, your life matters!
The 10 Days to Touch 10 Million movement started as a grass-roots initiative to combat the increase of depression and suicide during the holiday season with inspirational media/music — and has already been featured on Times Square, and promoted through FaceBook/Twitter by hundreds and thousands of people, including recent promotion by Deepak Chopra, NFL players, CEOs, Music stars, and other remarkable people. (http://www.10Daysto10Million.com)
In this iReport, Dr. Clint Rogers describes a recent event at the Weingart center for homeless in LA – which included a showing one of the 4-minute viral media message “Your life matters”, and a message from best-selling author, speaker, and 3-time legislator Les Brown. The media clip that was shown contain inspirational spoken segments put to music by 7-time Emmy award winning composer/producer Gary Malkin – and is being spread through social media outlets by hundreds and thousands of people around the world.
The reaction of the residents at the homeless shelter was poignant – each wanted a copy of the film (expressing how it helped them think about fear differently and brought a moment of peace), one man said the event persuaded him not to go out and do something terrible he was about to do, a woman expressed her hope that despite the addictions which had harmed her she realized she had a message to share, and another man declared that he knew he was in the right place at the right time – that he was moved to change his life because of the experience.
**Results of movement so far
We have done something awesome together in the last 10 days (and 4 weeks), which has touched a massive amount of people, and will continue to grow and make a needed difference during this holiday season and beyond!
It is very difficult to put a number to the amount of people touched during the last 10 days (*see note below on all the distribution channels), but I have no doubt that this work will grow to reach many, many more than just 10 million.
Some examples of all the people that were touched in some way:
* Video and/or event already posted on nearly 4,000 FaceBook pages – and in hundreds of thousands of FaceBook feeds
* Twitter buzz, promotion, and recognition from so many, including Deepak Chopra, NFL players, CEOs, and other remarkable people (like you!)
* Newsletters & emails (through the viral inviter, and other methods) that went out and will go out to millions of people
* Posts of video and discussions of it in online communities and listserves, distribution of video through YouTube, and dozens of other video sharing tools
* Coverage by media (radio, newspaper, TV) with significant amount of listeners/viewers (e.g. posts will go on over 50K blogs and news media pages)
* Movement was featured on the Times Square megatron,
* Street team and others downloading the film to show in shelters, homes, youth groups, and churches around the world… (my CNN iReport of the visit to the homeless shelter in LA is posted here: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-362023 – please feel free to share it on FB, twitter, etc)
* And on and on – efforts that will continue and touch millions of lives long into the future
We received hundreds of emails and messages from people who were touched by the message, and thankful that it was a part of their holidays. (I’ll compile some of my favorites to share later)
**We’ve been persuaded to continue through the holidays!
So we have been persuaded to continue to share this message throughout the entire holiday season because (a) the 10 Days to Touch 10 Million movement was received so well, (b) the need for the message & movement is still there, and (c) we haven’t even released some of the coolest stuff we can share together yet (some of the larger lists, national media, and social media events).
One way to understand the 10 days is that “In 10 Days we have sparked something that will touch over 10 million people during the holiday season.”
If you would like to continue to be a part of sharing this message “Your life matters, You are loved!” – we would love to have you be a part of it!
Join at http://www.wisdomfilms.com/join
There are so many more people we can touch during this holiday season through simple, caring, coordinated actions.