Faculty and professionals from around Africa share their insights on the Top 7 Reasons Why Most development efforts using ICT (Information and Communication Technology) fail.
Below are some of the Key Questions from this video — please share Your thoughts too!
(Most of it was filmed from Winneba, Ghana, during the ICT4D Poverty Reduction Summit)
(To view the video above, you need to be on an Internet connection that allows access to YouTube.)
Questions for Reflection:
- Do you think the things you are doing will still have value in 10 years? What about 100 years?
- Do you really understand the context, and the key elements of the system you are trying to intervene in?
- Are you involving End-Users in the whole process, from Idea to Evaluation?
- Do You View Yourself as “Helping Poor People” vs “Partnering with and Learning from Rich People”?
Questions for Discussion — What are Your thoughts:
- Do You think Most ICT4D Projects Fail?
- If so, why do You think they Fail?
- In Your opinion, what are Elements of ICT4D Projects that “Work”?